First Aid Responder
Learn how to recognise and care for people with life-threatening injuries before the arrival of healthcare practitioners.
The course is for anyone wanting to learn how to recognise and care for people with life-threatening injuries before the arrival of healthcare practitioners. It is also for people who require basic first aid training as part of their job. This could include non-healthcare personnel, sports coaches, teachers and parents as a very small example.
Who Should Attend?
There are currently no prerequisites for this course. Students should be physically well enough to carry out CPR as well as other practical skills, such as attempting to relieve the blockage in someone who is choking, placing somebody in the recovery position and putting bandages on injured limbs.
First Aid Response (FAR) is a new training standard. The objective of FAR is to improve, and replace the current Occupational First Aid course and have a standardised syllabus nationwide. FAR also includes the full Cardiac First Response Community standard.
You will also need a good understanding of English.
Outline of Course
- First Aid in the workplace
- Patient Assessment
- Incident Procedure
- Cardiac First Response – Community Level
- Common Medical Emergencies (asthma, diabetes, seizures, poisoning, fainting)
- Injury Management & Shock
- Care of the Unconscious Patient
- Burns and Electrical Injury Care
- Hypothermia and Hyperthermia
- Information Management
- The well-being of the first aider
Duration & Assessment
The FAR course will take no less than 18 hours. This can be broken down to 6 hour days or be done over successive weekends.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be issued with a certificate.
This certificate will be valid for 2 years.
Book the First Aid Responder course online now or get in touch to find out more by filling out our enquiry form, calling us on 01 255 1503, or emailing us at email@example.com.
- Price per person: €300
- Min. number of people per course: 4
- Max. number of people per course: 8
- Location: First 2 days are online over Zoom, followed by 1 day in our Talbot Street Training Centre
Get in touch to enquire about group rates
Please note: All bookings are subject to final confirmation of dates and numbers.