First Aid Responder Refresher
Refresh your first aid responder certificate and remain safe and compliant.
The course is for existing holders of a First Aid Responder certificate looking to refresh their learning on how to recognise and care for people with life-threatening injuries before the arrival of healthcare practitioners. It is also for people who require basic first aid training as part of their job. This could include non-healthcare personnel, sports coaches, teachers and parents as a very small example.
There are currently no prerequisites for this course. Students should be physically well enough to carry out CPR as well as other practical skills, such as attempting to relieve the blockage in someone who is choking, placing somebody in the recovery position and putting bandages on injured limbs.
- PPE – Facemask for CPR
- Good understanding of English
- A current FAR cert that has at least one month remaining before it expires
Outline of Course
- First Aid in the workplace
- Patient Assessment
- Incident Procedure
- Cardiac First Response – Community Level
- Common Medical Emergencies (asthma, diabetes, seizures, poisoning, fainting)
- Injury Management & Shock
- Care of the Unconscious Patient
- Burns and Electrical Injury Care
- Hypothermia and Hyperthermia
- Information Management
- The well-being of the first aider
Duration & Assessment
The FAR refresher course takes two days to complete and assessments happen throughout.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be issued with a certificate.
This certificate will be valid for 2 years.
Book the First Aid Responder Refresher course online now or get in touch to find out more by filling out our enquiry form, calling us on 01 255 1503, or emailing us at Training@getready.ie.
- Price per person: €250
- Min. number of people per course: 4
- Max. number of people per course: 8
- Location: First day is on Zoom and the second day in Dublin City Centre
August 15th and 16th – 4 places remaining
September 12th and 13th – 5 Places Remaining
October 10th and 11th
November 14th and 15th
Get in touch to enquire about group rates
Please note: All bookings are subject to final confirmation of dates and numbers.