Fire Warden Training
All employers are required to have plans and procedures in place for emergencies including people trained to implement those plans. Part of those plans and procedures should involve trained fire wardens. This course will enable attendees to effectively fulfil these roles in their own workplaces.
Who Should Attend?
This course is aimed at persons who have been designated as fire wardens in their own workplaces. It is also beneficial to other persons in the workplace such as managers, supervisors and maintenance personnel.
A good understanding of English.
Outline of Course
- Applicable fire legislation and guidance
- Fire causation and hazards, typical causes of fire in the workplace and how these can be managed effectively
- Fire Actions – In the event of hearing the alarm and discovery of fire.
- Fire evacuation procedures (General and specific to workplace)
- Role of the Fire Warden (In emergency and day to day)
- Fire chemistry
- Behaviour and effects of smoke
- Classification of fire & various applicable fire-fighting equipment
- Fire safety checks in the workplace, completion of fire safety register
Duration & Assessment
This can take a up to one day to complete and is assessed theory and practical exams.
Certification is provided on completion and valid for 3 years.
This is not a public course and will only take place in-house at a clients site
Book the Fire Warden Training course online now or get in touch to find out more by filling out our enquiry form, calling us on 01 255 1503, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Price is based on a group booking
- Min. number of people per course: 4
- Max. number of people per course: 12
- Location: On appropriate Client site
- Available Dates: Please contact us for the next available dates.